French superstar Kylian Mbappe headlines the list of the most valuable football players in the world after agreeing on a new mega-deal at Paris Saint-Germain
Paris Saint-Germain’s forward Kylian Mbappe is the world’s most valuable footballer.
Mbappe recently signed a three-year extension at PSG taking him above Erling Haaland and Vinicius Junior Mbappe is now worth 175 million euros while Vinicius Junior is worth 158 million euros. Haaland, who will be a Manchester City player next season, is worth 130 million euros.
The new survey done by CIES Football Observatory puts Barcelona’s wonderkid Pedri and Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham in the top five.
Manchester City’s duo of Phil Foden and Ruben Dias, Barcelona’s Frenkie De Jong and Ferran Torres and Liverpool’s Luis Diaz wrap up the top 10.
The list is compiled based on a lot of factors like age, the length of the contract remaining and the release clause a player has. These factors automatically knock out the game’s best footballers in Mohamed Salah, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
Mbappe has been on a steady rise since getting his breakthrough at AS Monaco in 2016. This season, he scored 43 goals across all competitions as PSG won the French League title. Mbappe was expected to join Real Madrid but decided to extend his stay in Paris up to 2025.
The top 10 most valuable players in world football
- Kylian Mbappe – Paris-Saint Germain, £175.89m
- Vinicius Jr – Real Madrid, £158.52m
- Erling Haaland – Dortmund/Manchester City, £130.54m
- Pedri – Barcelona, £115.57m
- Jude Bellingham -Borussia Dortmund, £114.37m
- Phil Foden – Manchester City, £106.08m
- Frenkie de Jong – Barcelona, £96.24m
- Luis Diaz – Liverpool, £94.1m
- Ruben Dias– Manchester City, £93.76m
- Ferran Torres – Barcelona, £93.67m