- Rener Gracie is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu (BJJ) black belt instructor, coach, and inventor.
Rener Gracie is from the most famous family in martial arts, but has made millions of his own thanks to his successful clothing company.
Category: Richest Athletes › Soccer Players
Net Worth: $5 Million
Born: November 10, 1983
Height: 1.93 m
Country of Origin: United States of America
Source of Wealth: Professional MMA Fighter
Last Updated: November 29, 2022
Facts | Rener Gracie
- Unlike many members of his family, Gracie was born in the United States.
- He trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as a child and spent 25 years practicing before becoming an instructor.
- In 2003, he competed in Jiu-Jitsu tournaments, winning the Southern California Pro-Am.
- Along with his brother Ryron, he started the Gracie University online curriculum.
- Gracie’s wife is Eve Torres, who was a champion with World Wrestling Entertainment.
Rener Gracie was born November 10, 1983, in Torrance, California to Suzanne Gracie and Rorion Gracie.
His family had moved from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to settle in the United States prior to his birth and teach their style of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
After performing well at multiple Jiu-Jitsu tournaments in 2003, Rener Gracie retired the following year and began his career as an instructor.
He joined the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy full-time and became a top instructor, beginning the online courses.
In addition to Gracie University, Rener started a YouTube channel to break down mixed martial arts matches after they happened.
Gracie also started Quikflip Apparel with clothing that could convert into backpacks.
He presented the product on the hit series Shark Tank with Mark Cuban, and it was named one of the year’s best inventions in 2019.
Rener Gracie’s Career Earnings And Net Worth
Right now, one of the biggest sources of income for Rener Gracie is the Quikflip Apparel company that was launched in 2019.
The company was valued at $5 million, while Gracie has other sources of revenue that are mostly in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Gracie Academy and Gracie University continue to pull in millions of dollars per year, while much of that is shared among the family.
As for Rener Gracie himself, he has more sources of revenue than most of the members of in the Gracie family.
Though not technically in the UFC, he still ranks as one of the richest MMA fighters in the world alongside the likes of Chuck Liddell, Quinton Jackson, and more.
With that said, it’s estimated that Gracie has a net worth of $5 Million between his training and apparel businesses.
Rener Gracie is a member of the famous Gracie family as the son of Rorion Gracie and grandson of Grand Master Helio Gracie.
Since 2014, Gracie has been married to Eve Torres, formerly of the WWE where she was the Divas Champion.
The couple has two sons together named Raeven and Renson Gracie who learned Brazilian Jiu Jitsu almost immediately.
Some of Gracie’s celebrity students include UFC fighter Brian Ortega and former NFL star Tamba Hali.
Gracie and his family have an official website for Gracie Academy and he is active on social media with an official Twitter account and official Instagram account that are updated regularly.
Awards And Achievements
Reneer Gracie didn’t go into the Ultimate Fighting Championship like many other Jiu-Jitsu practitioners.
Instead, he chose to be an instructor, and it has still allowed him to earn plenty of recognition for his work.
Here are Rener Gracie’s top awards and achievements in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:
- 4th Degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under father Rorian Gracie.
- Named to the Time Magazine list of Best Inventions of 2019 for Quickflip.
- Third place at the 2003 Pan American Jiu-Jitsu Championship.
- Winner of the Southern California Pro-Am Invitational in 2003.
- Had one of the most-viewed videos of the day in 2010 after a match between Fedor Emelianenko and Fabricio Werdum.
Rener Gracie continues to be one of the more successful members of his family thanks to his multiple businesses.
Though he isn’t winning UFC title belts, Gracie is doing just fine for himself in the business world.
How Does Rener Gracie Spend His Money?
Rener Gracie and his wife Eve Torres didn’t look for the most expensive houses in the world, staying in his hometown.
In fact, they purchased a house almost right next to where he grew up in the city, valued at around $450,000.
Gracie tends to save most of the money he has earned in his career while also investing in his own business.
Quikflip Apparel got off to a hot start when it was featured on Shark Tank and got an investment from Lori Greiner for $500,000.
Rener Gracie has been a standout in the world of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and is one of the top practitioners in the world.
Many have come to him for instruction, including an entire police department, UFC fighters, and NFL stars.
Here are some of the best highlights of Rener Gracie’s career:
- Earned a 4th-degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from his grandfather.
- Joined the Gracie Academy and was teaching classes at 13 years old.
- Started the online courses for Gracie University that he runs with his brothers.
- Appeared on the popular TV series Shark Tank and received an investment.
- Began a successful YouTube channel along with his brothers to talk about UFC matches.
He hasn’t won UFC titles like Conor McGregor or Alexander Volkanovski, but he’s had a great mixed martial arts career.
As his business career continues to expand, there’s no doubt that Gracie will continue to add to his list of milestones.
Favorite Quotes By Rener Gracie
Rener Gracie, like many of the other members of the Gracie family, has been very outspoken about martial arts.
He has been an instructor, so knowing how to speak with people is key, and he’s provided some memorable lines.
Here are our favorite quotes from Rener Gracie:
- ” If you train worst case scenarios consistently, they will no longer be worst case scenarios.” – Rener Gracie
- ” The goal is not to simulate reality right now by going crazy. The goal is to prepare for reality by going slowly.” – Rener Gracie
- ” When your purpose and your occupation is giving confidence…you tend to emit that yourself.” – Rener Gracie
- ” He who manages the distance, manages the damage.” – Rener Gracie
- ” When you do Jiu-Jitsu, you won’t look at a bigger guy and say ‘Oh no,’ you’ll look and say ‘how interesting!’” – Rener Gracie
3 Amazing Lessons From Rener Gracie
Rener Gracie isn’t the most famous of the Gracie family members, but he may just end up being the richest.
His business acumen has been proven time and time again to the tune of an eight-figure net worth.
Now that you know all about Rener Gracie’s net worth, there’s much to learn from the son of Rorion Gracie.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Rener Gracie:
- Learn To Stand Out
Rener Gracie certainly could have been fairly hidden in the crowd as part of a large family known for its martial arts teachings.
Instead, Gracie made sure that he was one of the top faces in the family and branched out into the business world.
Because of this, you’ll be seeing a lot more of Rener Gracie down the road as Quikflip Apparel continues to grow.
- Plan For The Worst
Whether it be trying to get a business off of the ground or in a fight, always plan for the worst.
When things are going well, you don’t really need to change your strategy all that much, but it’s the opposite when things are tough.
Learn how to adjust and make sure that you have a safety net to fall back on, and you’ll be able to get through the tough times.
- Networking Is Key
There have been some big stars that have come through the doors of Gracie Academy and worked with Rener Gracie himself.
Actors like Vince Vaughn, Keanu Reeves, and Guy Ritchie are just a few of the names that have been trained by Gracie.
Landing some of the top clients in the world and being able to impress them will take you a long way in your business.