- Samuel Eto’o Fils is a Cameroonian football administrator and former player who is the current president of the Cameroonian Football Federation from 11 December 2021.
Eto’o was regarded by pundits as one of the best strikers in the world, and he is regarded as one of the greatest African players of all time, winning the African Player of the Year a record four times: in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2010.
Since retiring from professional football, he has served as the president of the Cameroonian Football Federation, promoting the sport in his home country.
Samuel Eto’o has been outspoken on a range of topics when carrying out interviews, covering everything from his work ethic as a top athlete to handling racist comments on the pitch.
His unique insights into soccer show his love for the game and dedication to bringing it to a broader audience.
Here are our favorite quotes from Samuel Eto’o:
- “I spent two great seasons playing in the Russian championship. I could have stayed there, but I went to the Premier League, which is much more competitive and requires much greater levels of fitness.” – Samuel Eto’o
- “Football is beautiful. Football is beautiful because whether you win, draw, or lose, you can go and shake your opponent’s hand, whether they’re white or black or red or blue.” – Samuel Eto’o
- “When Ronaldinho arrived at Barcelona, they did not win anything. After my arrival, we won it all.” – Samuel Eto’o
- “My dream was to become a footballer, hope to become the best someday. And I worked for it. And I’ll tell you that the work is the magic of success.” – Samuel Eto’o
- “It is important to feel the support of my family. Mentally, I can get away from everything that is football when I come home to be with them. Yes, work is a pleasure, but there will always be family.” – Samuel Eto’o